There are a number of ways to put a hold on a book. We would be happy to assist you either at the circulation desk or by phone. A hold may also be placed from our website. To do this you will need your login and password. Please contact the library if you need assistance. Online holds may only be placed at your home library. If you are a homecard patron and would like an item placed on hold please call the library.
To place an hold from the catalog follow these steps:
click on "Search catalog"
- click on "Login in to your account"
- enter your login/password (generally the entire barcode is the login and the password is your last name, which is case sensitive)
- search the catalog for the item you would like held and access the full record by clicking on the title
- click on the "Place hold" icon on the right hand side of the screen
- if there is a date at which it will no longer be needed enter it here, or leave blank
- click in the radial button under "Select a specific item" and then click "Place hold"
- You will be taken to your account summary page
- The library will inform you when the hold is ready to be picked up via email if an email is on file, or by phone
- Please note that holds for books that are currently available are only pulled in the morning before 9:00 am. A hold placed after 9:00 am will not be pulled from the shelf until the following day.
Holds must be picked up within 5 business days or they will be re-shelved.