Browsing by Appointment for DAML Cardholders
We are excited and happy to announce that our DAML patrons are now welcome to browse inside the Library by appointment. We know that many of you are anxious to get back into the Library and thank-you for your patience as we set up for a safe browsing environment. You can book a thirty-minute appointment online or give us a call or email if you are unable to book online. To allow access for more patrons, please book no more than one appointment in a 2-week period. Porch pickup will continue so that we can meet the needs of all our patrons.
Thirty-minute browsing appointments for adults will be available Wednesday, Friday and Saturday. On adult browsing days, adults from the same household and over 16 are welcome to browse in the adult or youth areas. Only infants in arms are permitted in the Library on adult browsing days.
Families with children can schedule appointments on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday. We ask that on family days, the adults do the browsing and keep children within hugging distance.
We are starting with limited appointments and hope to expand the number of appointments as we adjust the operation. Thank-you in advance for your patience and support as we launch this new system and, hopefully expand services over the coming months.
What we are doing to ensure your safety:
The Library follows Vermont Department of Health, CDC Health and Safety guidelines and State of Vermont Agency of Commerce and Community Development (ACCD) Phased Restart Worksafe Guidance. ACCD guidance outlines occupancy, signage, wellness, social distancing, mask protocol, sanitizing and other requirements for businesses and non-profits re-opening in Vermont.
Returned and handled materials are quarantined for 4 days in alignment with the most recent research from the Reopening Archives, Libraries, and Museums (REALM) Information Hub: A COVID-19 Research Project. If you notice it takes a few days for loans you returned to come off your library account, please be patient - they're in quarantine.
Masks are required for all staff and patrons (except children under 2) in the Library, including the porch. If you need a mask, please ask us. We have re-usable masks and disposable masks available for you to keep.
We have a self-checkout station available so that patrons can check out their own books using their library card. Someone will also be available to check out at the circulation desk behind a sneeze-guard.
To keep our patrons and staff safe, please note the following:
- Masks must be worn at all times while in the library by those over age 2.
- Browsing is limited to 30 minutes including check out time.
- Only 1 session allowed every two weeks.
- Limited to family members in same household.
- Anyone aged 15 or under must be with an adult at all times.
- Sanitizing or washing hands before browsing is required.
- Reduce the number of books you touch. Keep young children within hugging distance and handle browsing books for them.
- Any items touched must be placed on provided tables to be quarantined for 3 days. Please only touch what is necessary.
- If you or anyone in your family are feeling ill please stay home.