The Williston Racial Equity Partnership aims to identify, address and make repair for the ways in which racism has and continues to impact those who live, work and recreate in Williston. The Partnership Steering Committee is seeking individuals to join in this effort.
The team is in the beginning stages of formation and requires a dedicated, diverse group of Williston residents who have a strong desire to be a part of a shared community effort, a willingness to learn, work and grow among others, and to have an active role in addressing and dismantling racism. This will be a time-intensive start up project, with the goal of establishing and solidifying our mission, vision, and strategic plan for the work ahead.
We are seeking to receive applications from a variety of interest areas, expertise, and fields of endeavor (see list below). All individuals, regardless of race, ethnicity, gender identification, sexual orientation, ability, level of education, past experiences or backgrounds, political interest, or religious affiliations are encouraged to apply.
· BIPOC Youth and Young Adults
· BIPOC Parents
· Social Justice Advocates or Partners
· Faith Communities
· Aging Adults
· Child Care / Pre-K Educators
· Housing Advocates / Property Management / Developers
· Recreation / Prosocial Connections / Clubs
· Medical / Dental / Healthcare
· Business and Banking
· Public Safety (Police, Fire, Emergency Services)
· General Interest / Other
The Williston Racial Equity Partnership already includes representation from the BIPOC Community, the Williston Community Justice Center, the Williston Federated Church, Vermont Interfaith Action, Town Management, Library Services, Williston-Richmond Rotary Club, and Public Education.
To apply: · Fill out the Google Form online: http://bit.ly/WillistonREPapp
· A printable version of the application is available on the town website: town.williston.vt.us. Complete the application and mail to Town Hall at 7900 Williston Road or leave in the dropbox behind Town Hall.
· Contact the Williston Community Justice Center at 503-2320 to set up an appointment to have your application completed over the phone.
Applications are due by by 5 pm on Friday, March 5th. You will be contacted for follow-up within two weeks after that date (by March 19).