The Library follows Vermont Department of Health, CDC Health and Safety guidelines and State of Vermont Agency of Commerce and Community Development (ACCD) Phased Restart Worksafe Guidance. ACCD guidance outlines occupancy, signage, wellness, social distancing, mask protocol, sanitizing and other requirements for businesses and non-profits re-opening in Vermont.
The Library is currently open for scheduled appointments, pick up of holds and limited computer use only.
In-person programming is currently limited to outdoor special events.
The Library offers free Wi-Fi from the parking lot or the patio.
Please see our reopening plan here.
To keep our patrons and staff safe, please note the following:
- If you or anyone in your family is feeling ill, please stay home.
- Respect social distancing guidelines.
- Masks are required for all staff and patrons (except children under 2) in the Library, including the porch. If you need a mask, please ask us. We have re-usable masks and disposable masks available for you to keep.
- Return all materials to exterior book and media drops. Patrons with browsing appointments or picking up holds may return items inside.
- If you need to print, ask us about our email to print option.
On April 8th, 2021 the library stopped quarantining returned items. We based the decision on a April 5th CDC Science brief, which looked at available epidemiological data and studies of environmental transmission factors, and determined that surface transmission is not the main route by which SARS-CoV-2 spreads, and the risk is considered to be low. Library staff will continue to practice good hand hygiene when handling books and materials.