The Library follows Vermont Department of Health, CDC Health and Safety guidelines and State of Vermont Agency of Commerce and Community Development (ACCD) Phased Restart Worksafe Guidance. ACCD guidance outlines occupancy, signage, wellness, social distancing, mask protocol, sanitizing and other requirements for businesses and non-profits re-opening in Vermont.
The Library is currently open for browsing and computer use by appointment only. For patrons who are not comfortable coming in, we provide contactless porch pick-up service. The Bookmobile serviced its regular route this summer with modified browsing service and will continue operating this fall, offering browsing appointments and some additional drop-in hours.
During pandemic operations, all Children under the age of 16 must be with an adult at all times while browsing in the library, using a computer, on the bookmobile or at any Library outdoor event. Children under the age of 12 may not enter the adult collection area.
In-person programming is currently limited to outdoor special events. Our community space is currently being used to quarantine returned materials and is unavailable for in-person programming.
The Library offers free WiFi from the parking lot or our patio.
Please see our reopening plan here.
To keep our patrons and staff safe, please note the following:
- If you or anyone in your family is feeling ill, please stay home.
- Respect social distancing guidelines.
- Sanitizing or washing hands before entering the Library is required.
- Masks are required for all staff and patrons (except children under 2) in the Library, including the porch. If you need a mask, please ask us. We have re-usable masks and disposable masks available for you to keep.
- Reduce the number of books you touch. Keep young children within hugging distance and handle browsing books for them.
- Any items touched must be placed on provided tables to be wiped down before returning to the shelves. Please only touch what is necessary.
- Return all materials to exterior book and media drops.
- Returned and handled materials are quarantined for 5 days in alignment with the most recent research from the Reopening Archives, Libraries, and Museums (REALM) Information Hub: A COVID-19 Research Project.
- We have a self-checkout station available so that patrons can check out their own books using their library card. Someone will also be available to check out at the circulation desk behind a sneeze-guard.
- To maintain social distancing, staff are not able to assist with computers. If you only need to print, ask us about our email to print option.