We're happy to announce that porch pickup service is active. You are now able to log in to your Library account to place up to 4 holds. Please note that the 4 holds includes any holds you may have on items that are unavailable (out with another patron for example) or that you have suspended. In order to use your 4 holds for available items you may need to cancel the other holds through your online account.
Once your items are ready, we'll contact you with a time-frame for pickup. Pickup is now available by arrangement 10-6 p.m. Monday-Friday and 11-3 p.m. on Saturdays. We are now also accepting returns.
Step one: Place items on hold
- Go to the catalog page and login: https://daml.kohavt.org/
- Login is the entire barcode (those are zeroes in the middle)
- Password is your last name, case-sensitive (i.e., Smith)
- Search the catalog for the item you would like held
- Click on the “Place hold” icon
- Click on the radial button under “Select a specific item” and then click “Place hold”
- There is a limit of four holds per library card
- Only DAML patrons may place holds
- Only items from DAML may be placed on hold
Step two: Pick up items
- We will notify you when your holds are ready. Wait times may be longer than usual
- Staff will put the items in a bag with your last name and first initial on the outside
- Bagged holds will be on a cart in the vestibule area in alphabetical order
- To support physical distancing only one person may be at the cart at a time
- We encourage patrons to wear face masks when approaching the cart
- We will hold items for one week from when we called you to pick up your holds
Remember, the library building remains closed to the public. Please do not knock on the door or ask to enter the building.
Frequently asked questions
How will I know my holds area ready for pickup?
You will receive a phone call from library staff at the phone number on your library account. Wait times for holds may be longer than usual due to increased holds and reduced staff. Thank you for your patience.
How do I return materials?
Items may now be returned in the media drops. Please do not overstuff the drops with items.
Do I need a library card?
What materials are available for pickup?
All physical materials currently on the shelf are available for pickup, including books, DVDs, audio CDs, and Playaways.
May I place a hold via telephone or email?
What is being done to protect the safety of patrons and staff?
The contactless porch pickup model we are using provides maximum social distancing for the safety of our patrons and our staff.
Patrons and staff should respect the need for physical distancing and not approach one another. This may feel uncomfortable, but is necessary to provide a safe, contactless pickup service. If you notice someone at the pickup cart, please do not approach until the previous patron has finished.
Please wear a mask when retrieving items from the cart.
Bags are used to protect patron privacy, protect physical materials, and limit unnecessary contact.
The Library follows current Vermont Department of Health and CDC Health and Safety guidelines for operations. All staff wear gloves when preparing packages for pickup.