We invite you to use your account to place holds and pick them up at the library.
To start, go to the catalog page and login: https://daml.kohavt.org/
- The login is the entire barcode on your library card (those are zeroes in the middle)
- The password is your last name, case-sensitive (i.e., Smith)
To place a hold
Find the item you want and use the blue ‘Place Hold’ button. At this time items can only be placed on hold from your home library. If you want something you see at another library use your HomeCard* and either:
- Go to that library to pick up the item, we recommend calling to have the library hold it for you.
- Request it via ILL if you cannot make it to one of the libraries that owns a copy (please note that ILLs can take 2-3 weeks to arrive).
- If the item shows ‘On Shelf’ at DAML a staff member will pull it from the shelf and you will be notified when it is ready via your preferred method (see message settings in ‘My Account’). Please note that holds are made ready in the morning before we open.
*HomeCard status is given to patrons 16 years of age and older that are in good standing. If your library card has a stamp with an expiration date you have HC privileges. If you are not sure or would like privileges please contact the library. For more information see here.
Things to know
There is a limit of four holds per library card. This includes all holds, including those you suspended until a future date.
Only DAML patrons may place holds online. HomeCard patrons need to email or call the library to place holds.
Only items that are part of the DAML collection may be placed on hold. Bookmobile items and items from other libraries may not be placed on hold.
Holds are genearlly processed in the morning before opening and may not be available for pickup until the following business day. You will receive a notice when a hold is ready. The notice received depends on your account preferences. To change your peferences please do so with your online account or by contacting the library. The method is not changeable by each hold.