When your holds are ready for you to pickup you will be notified via the method you selected when your account was setup/renewed. To change your contact infomration please call, email or stop by.
If we do not hear from you within a week the items will be placed back into circulation for other patrons to discover and enjoy.
There are multiple ways to receive a notice that a hold is ready. Here are the options:
1. Email – when a hold is ready an email will be sent to you within a few minutes to let you know.
2. Text – when a hold is ready you will receive a text. Delivery depends on your mobile service but is normally within a half an hour.
3. Phone – when a hold is ready we will call you. These can take longer as we call as soon as we can, but it depends on how busy the staff are at the time.
You can have both an email and a text sent. A phone call means there will only be a phone call, no other method.
If you are not sure of how your account is set up you can see what you have set through your online account (daml.kohavt.org) under 'Messaging settings'. Please let us know if there are any changes to your account.
Place items on hold
- Go to the catalog page and login: https://daml.kohavt.org/
- For DAML patrons the login is the entire barcode (those are zeroes in the middle)
- For DAML patrons the password is your last name, case-sensitive (i.e., Smith)
- If you are a HomeCard library patron please contact your home library for login information.
- Search the catalog for the item you would like held
- Click on the “Place hold” button
- There is a limit of four holds per library card.
- Holds placed may not be available until the next business day as holds are generally only retrieved once a day in the morning.
Frequently asked questions
How will I know my holds area ready for pickup?
You will be notified per the method listed on your account. Holds are generally available the day after the hold is placed.
How do I return materials?
Please return items inside whenever possible. After hours items may be returned in the media drops. Please do not overstuff the drops with items.
Do I need a library card?
Patrons must have a Dorothy Alling Memorial Library card or a HomeCard patron, in good standing, to check items out. Patrons are limited to four holds. If you are a Williston/St. George resident and do not have a library card, request a card from Services>Library Cards on the menu.
What materials are available for pickup?
All physical materials currently on the shelf are available for pickup, including books, DVDs, audio CDs, and Playaways.
May I place a hold via telephone or email?
Masks are required in the Library at all times for anyone over the age of 2.