Browsing by Appointment for DAML Cardholders
We are excited and happy to announce that our DAML patrons are now welcome to browse inside the Library by appointment. Book a thirty-minute appointment online yourself or give us a call or email to schedule a time. To allow access for other patrons, please book no more than one appointment in a 2-week period. Porch pickup will continue so that we can meet the needs of all our patrons.
Thirty-minute browsing appointments are available Monday through Saturday. Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a responsible adult. We ask that adults keep small children within hugging distance. Children under the age of 12 are not permitted in the adult collection area at this time.
What we are doing to ensure your safety:
The Library follows Vermont Department of Health, CDC Health and Safety guidelines and State of Vermont Agency of Commerce and Community Development (ACCD) Phased Restart Worksafe Guidance. ACCD guidance outlines occupancy, signage, wellness, social distancing, mask protocol, sanitizing and other requirements for businesses and non-profits re-opening in Vermont.
Returned and handled materials are quarantined for 4 days in alignment with the most recent research from the Reopening Archives, Libraries, and Museums (REALM) Information Hub: A COVID-19 Research Project. If you notice it takes a few days for loans you returned to come off your library account, please be patient - they're in quarantine.
Masks are required for all staff and patrons (except children under 2) in the Library, including the porch. If you need a mask, please ask us. We have re-usable masks and disposable masks available for you to keep.
We have a self-checkout station available so that patrons can check out their own books using their library card. Someone will also be available to check out at the circulation desk behind a sneeze-guard.
To keep our patrons and staff safe, please note the following:
- Masks must be worn at all times while in the library by those over age 2.
- Browsing is limited to 30 minutes including check out time.
- One session is allowed every two weeks.
- Limited to family members in same household.
- Children under the age of 16 must be with an adult at all times.
- Children under the age of 12 may not enter the adult collection area.
- Sanitizing or washing hands before browsing is required.
- Reduce the number of books you touch. Keep young children within hugging distance and handle browsing books for them.
- Any items touched must be placed on provided tables to be quarantined for 3 days. Please only touch what is necessary.
- If you or anyone in your family is feeling ill, please stay home.